2017-02-23

History and other interesting things about down under


von Simone

Hi there, it's me again. And I'm back with another amazing week I can tell about. Before I start, I want to give Doreen best regards from Nicola (stay sassy Dori). At first I want to say, I wasn't as bad at the swimming carnival, as I expected. I achieved second place in breaststroke and I was really happy about it.

At the end of the last week, Lucy (Tessa's sister) and I went shopping in Wangaratta after Tess and I had a nice tennis lesson in the morning. We bought some amazing stuff and I was surprised how cheap clothes are over here. Food however is really expensive. The next day, we drove to Beechworth. Beechworth is an old town, which had a prison for a long time and played a big role of the gold rush in the 1850s.


First we walked along a path which told us some interesting things about the Aborigines and after this we visited a Lolly shop and I bought Pop Tarts there (Originally an American candy which I really love).



Today we went Kayaking and it was really fun, because we paddled down a faster part of the Ovens river, than we did the week before. The weather here is really crazy, last week there was a tiny bit of snow on the top of the mountains (Snow! In summer!? In Australia!!?), and this week, it's 30 degrees again.  Enjoy the last piece of winter Germans,

Simone

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen