2017-10-20

Beautiful Mountains



View from my bedroom window


My eyes are sore from looking up at the spectacular mountains every single morning. And every single morning at 5:30 I say to myself, why aren’t I sleeping. Waking up over 2 hours earlier is a bit of a challenge.

The very first thing I noticed as I smelled the beautiful fresh air, was that we were driving on the wrong side of the road. I know you’re probably thinking, yeah yeah, but really, it is kind of difficult to adjust and tell yourself you’re not going to crash. Anyway, as we headed out of the city towards the country, I couldn’t help but stare outside of the window and look deep into the green grass. Like really green grass. Picture the greenest grass you have ever seen, and now double or even triple that greenness. That’s how green the grass was. Except apparently it gets even greener in spring, and I was like what? How is that even possible. Then I looked to my left to see the most mind blowing, beautifully placed mountains, towering over the land. 

A few days later, it started to get really cold, it was about 9 degrees and it was meant to be autumn. I looked up at the mountains, and saw snow, heaps of it! We don’t normally see snow until late autumn. But here, autumn has only really started.



The first few days at school were tough. The early starts, the language, and the fact that there were no familiar faces. But everyone was so friendly and welcoming. Now, starting week three, it feels like I have known them for a lot longer than just two weeks.


On Wednesday the 11th all the classes had an excursion called Wandertag. Each class got to pick where they wanted to go, (before we arrived) and I was so excited when I found out we were going to a trampoline place called air hop. It was in Munich so it was only about an hour bus trip, but the bus didn’t leave until 9:30 so Simone and I could sleep in an extra hour. I think I was more excited about the sleep in than the actual trip. I found the day well worthwhile and so much fun.



Sorry for the late post, the website wasn't working for me.


1 Kommentar:

  1. Hi Tessa. I'm so glad to read that you are enjoying the scenery and settling in. To have such green grass at the end of Summer is certainly very different to Australia. Great photos.

    AntwortenLöschen